英语流行口语对话:Talking About Holidays 谈论节日末
随着全球的各国的关系越来越好,从21世纪以后英语的广泛使用,那么关于谈论节日末该如何表达?以下是小编给大家整理的英语流行口语对话:Talking About Holidays 谈论节日末,希望可以帮到大家
Do you know about...?
你知道……是怎么回事吗?
A:Do you know about All Fools' Day?
A:你知道愚人节是怎么回事台球?
B:On that day,people play all kinds of tricks on others,and the one easily taken in is called April fool.
B:那天人们互相捉弄,容易上当的叫四月傻瓜。
A:April fool!
A:四月傻瓜!
B:April the first is coming.Be careful!
B:四月一日就要到了,当心啊!
What do people usually do on...?
在……人们通常干什么?
A:What do people usually do on Saint Valentine's Day?
A:情人节人们干什么?
B:On that day,boys are supposed to give roses to their sweethearts.
那天小伙子们给自己的情人送玫瑰花。
A:What will the girls do?
A:姑娘们呢?
B:They give chocolate in return.
B:她们回送巧克力。
Tell me something about...
给我讲讲……吧。
A:Tell me something about your Ice & Snow Festival.
A:给我讲讲冰雪节吧。
B:That's the most magic Festival,people build palaces and sculpture things with ice and snow.It's beautiful!
B:那是最神奇的节日了,人们用冰雪造宫殿,雕刻各种各样的东西,美极了
C:Especially at night when the lights are on.
C:晚上亮灯之后更美。
Is...official?
……是法定节日吗?
A:Is Water Shrinking Festival official?
A:泼水节是法定节日吗?
B:No,most of the traditional festivals of the minority nationalities are not official
不是,大多数少数民族节日都不是法定的。
A:Don't you think these festivals are more interesting!
A:可是这些节日才更有意思呢!
B:What an idea!
B:对极了!
Could you tell me the origin of...?
你告诉我……的来历好吗?
A:Could you tell me the origin of the Dragon-Boat Festival?
A:把龙舟节的来历告诉我好吗?
B:Yes,it's a way to commemorate a great ancient romantic poet,and the race is a symbol of the attempt to save him.
好的,这是人们纪念古代一位伟大的浪漫主义诗人的活动,龙舟比赛是奋力救诗人的象征。
A:I see.Did they succeed in the end?
A:我明白了,他最后得救了吗?
B:Of course not.He drowned.
B:没有,他还是淹死了。
Can you name some festivals of religious nature?
你能说出几个由宗教来的节日吗?
A:Can you name some festivals of religious nature?
A:你能说出几个由宗教来的节日吗?
B:Yes,such as Christmas and Easter.
B:能,圣诞节和复活节就是。
A:What about historic festivals?
A:有历史意义的呢?
B:Thanksgiving Day,Independence Day.
B:感恩节、独立日。
How many days do you take off for...?
你们……放几天假?
A:How many days do you take off for Easter?
A:你们复活节放几天假?
B:Usually we have a month off.
B:通常放一个月。
A:What will you do for this Easter?
A:这个复活节你准备怎样过?
B:I'll stay at home and have a complete rest.
B:呆在家里好好休息一下。
What do you plan to do...?
……你打算干什么?
A:What do you plan to do at the Mid-autumn night?
A:仲伙夜你打算干什么?
B:I'll go to Chinatown and there'll be a party to celebrate the traditional Chinese Festival.
去唐人街,那儿有个晚会庆祝中国这个传统的节日.
A:Can I go with you?
A:我和你一起去好吗?
B:Sure,my pleasure.
B:那当然,太荣幸了。
How did you spend...last year?
去年……你怎么过的?
A:How did you spend Christmas Eve last year?
A:去年圣诞夜你怎么过的?
B:I joined the Parade.
B:我参加游行了。
A:Was it interesting?
A:有意思吗?
B:Very.It was the happiest Christmas Eve I've ever had.
非常有意思,那是我过得最快乐的圣诞夜.
What will you do this...?
今年……要干什么?
A:What will you do this Spring Festival?
A:今年春节你要干什么?
B:I'll go back to China and spend it in a traditional Chinese way.
我准备回中国,按中国传统方式过节。
A:You'll make dumplings.
A:要包饺子吗?
B:Certainly.
B:当然。
What's the date of May Day according to the lunar calendar this year?
今年五一是阴历几号?
A:What's the date of May Day according to the lunar calendar this year?
今年五一是阴历几号?
B:It's the sixth of the fourth month.
是四月初六。
A:Only two days before your birthday!
A:是你生日的前两天。
B:Yes,Grandma.
B:对,奶奶。
How many official days off for...?
……法定假日几天?
A:How many official days off for Labor Day?
A:五一节法定假日几天?
B:One day only.
B:就一天。
A:How many do you actually have?
A:你们实际放几天?
B:A week since it's followed by our spring break.
B:和春假连在一起放一周。